MORE INFORMATION AVAILABLE IN
APRIL 21-22, 2018
Competition Rules and Regulations
Dance Routine Guidelines:
Earthshakers The Competition is setting a new standard as the competition
you can trust. But we will need help from our attendees while keeping
in line with this mission. All music will be approved by the Earthshakers
The Competition Team when submitted. Any explicit or offensive lyrics, profanity or sexually suggestive music is prohibited. Costuming that is not age appropriate
or is suggestive in nature will be downgraded in scores or disqualified
from the competition. Let your artistry speak for your integrity!
- A deduction of one half point (0.5) will be made for every 10 seconds
(or any portion thereof) in excess of the allotted time limit.
- The same dancer(s) cannot compete more than once in the same dance
category and age group in Solo, Duet/Trio, or Group competition. This
means that dancers must not compete against themselves in the same age
group and dance category.
- Routines are expected to be performed in the order they are scheduled
- NO cameras of any kind are allowed during a performance. This includes
smart phones with video capabilities. Violation may result in disqualification
of a routine from Overall Top Awards.
- Earthshakers The Competition reserves the right to expand the dates
of any competition due to the number of entries, or to move the competition
to a new location due to unforeseen circumstances, or cancel any event
that does not qualify with a minimum number of acceptable entries. If
cancellation occurs, all entry fees will be refunded.
- No dangerous substances (including, but not limited to: water, gels,
rosin, aerosols, glitter, confetti, etc) that might damage the integrity
of the dance floor may be used during a routine.
- No props that could cause harm may be used on stage, such as fire,
swords, knives, live animals, etc. Dancers may not stand, sit or dance
on a prop higher than 6 feet.
- Absolutely no coaching from the audience or backstage.
- All entries and payments must be received 30 days prior to the stated
date of the competition.
- No cash refunds will be issued.
- All checks must be payable to Dance Revolution. All checks will need to be turned in no later than 7 days prior to the start of the competition. No checks will be accepted after that date.
- Earthshakers The Competition shall in no way assume any responsibility
for accidents or theft.
- A time schedule will be emailed to attendees seven days prior to
- Any teacher, parent, or performer displaying improper conduct, either
though social media or at a competition, may result in a disqualification
with the loss of entry fees.
- All performers grant permission to Earthshakers The Competition to
use their photographs or videos to appear on local and/or national television
and/or social media to promote its competitions.
- Absolutely no alcoholic beverages are allowed at any Earthshakers
The Competition events.
Costuming, Music and Choreography Guidelines
Earthshakers - The Competition strives to be a competition you can trust. We want to set a family-friendly environment for all to enjoy through music, costuming and movement. We understand there will be various standards in these categories but aim to work together to provide a safe environment for all ages.
Music must be approved through Earthshakers Staff before all events. Please upload your music online or email email@example.com no later than 15 days prior to the start of the event.
All choreography should be carefully thought through for an audience to engage with from ages 0-100. Costuming should be modest in nature. Midriffs and bikers are allowed but bralettes and high cut leotards with no tights will get point deductions. More skin may equal less points so please keep that in mind as you proceed with entries. If you have a question about costuming, music or choreography, Earthshakers welcomes any pictures or videos for a pre-approval process as we journey together in being the competition you can trust!
Earthshakers- The Competition prefers to have all music uploaded online with registration or emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 15 days prior to the event. Earthshakers will accept music on a USB provided
by the studio or individual participant.
A USB will only be accepted if turned in prior to the start of the competition.
Each performance must have a separate track and labeled properly on the
USB. Example: Entry#LetterCodePerformanceTitle
Please keep a back-up CD or iPod available for each entry.
Competition may be limited due to time constraints. Entries are accepted
in the order they are received. No entries will be accepted by fax or
phone. All entries must be registered by the registration cut-off date
(30 days prior to event); entries are final and non-refundable once received.
Online registration will end 14 days prior to the start of the event.
To register after 14 days prior to this event, please call
- Ballet - A routine that consists of ballet or pointe technique. Ballet or pointe shoes must be worn to
be entered in the ballet category.
- Tap - A routine containing tap technique, performed with tap shoes. No tap sounds to be recorded over audio.
- Jazz - A routine demonstrating jazz technique, utilizing up-tempo music.
- Lyrical - A routine that demonstrates lyrical technique.
- Contemporary - A mix of jazz with emphasis on modern ballet technique.
- Open - A routine that demonstrates any dance style or combination of styles. Examples
include acro-gymnastics, ballroom, novelty, character and clogging. Routines containing more than 3 gymnastics/acro
tricks must be entered in this category (with the exception of production).
- Musical Theatre - A routine showcasing Broadway or theatre style dance. Singing is permitted
in this category only. Microphones for vocals are not provided.
- Hip Hop - A routine that demonstrates hip hop or street type moves.
- Modern - An interpretive routine using a contemporary/modern style. Should incorporate balance and control.
- Two age categories: 12 and under, 13+
- Judges will pick the Improv music selection
- Dancers will have 45 seconds to perform any style to music given to them by the judges as a group, then each individual will dance 45 seconds in any style to different music given to them by the judges and complete the Improv round as a group to perform any style to different music given by the judges for 45 seconds.
- Winners will receive a plaque in each category
- Limited space! $40 per entry.
Solo - 2:45
Small Groups - 3:30
Large Groups - 3:30
Line - 4:00
Production - 6:00
*May purchase additional time for $5.00 per person up to 2 minutes